Pages

Sunday 2 February 2014

New Project.

I started out this blog with the idea of writing pieces that revolved around "She."
I wrote a few, I think about 15, and slowly my ideas starting growing thin and my writing, bland.
This was about two years ago, January 2012.
After I stopped with "She." I started writing arbitrary pieces in both prose and poetry. I tried to write a short story, I tried my hand at poetry that could be performed as spoken word. And then I started writing about personal experiences.
I feel like one of the best pieces I wrote was about an anxiety attack I had.
I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and depression two years ago. And I have been feeling these things for almost 9.
But whenever I wrote about these feelings I always felt juvenile. Like I was whining about something and everyone just found me annoying. At times, I still feel that way.
However, I have decided that I am going to start writing about some of my own experiences.
I haven't decided if the pieces will be completely auto-biographical or semi-auto-biographical, but there will be elements from my life.
I want to use my emotions to strengthen my skills.
Creative writing has always been something I have been drawn to. If I want to pursue it and apply for courses for further studies, I believe I need to work a lot.
So, my new project.
I hope it goes well.
A lot of the writing will be emotional, but I will try to bring in some humour and light-hearted fun.

Tomorrow, it begins.
Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
She by Sanya Singh is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.facebook.com/pigeons.scare.me.