Pages

Tuesday 4 March 2014

The Age of Pretension.

I believe that this is the age of pretension. That everyone is pretentious. People who are ostentatious about it are attacked by people who are pretentious about not being pretentious. It's become a way of life. Everyone is trying to impress each other. Everyone is constantly trying to project a certain image, my argument is that even not trying is a way of trying. Constantly trying to be different, constantly trying to be better, or trying to fit into the image that you think others approve of. Your pretension may not be the same pretension as your neighbor's, but both are pretension. What is real anymore? What is actually you? Either you try to fit into a stereotype or you are vehemently against stereotypes and fall into the stereotype of being against stereotypes. Is anything really for yourself? Isn't it all about how the others see you? And even if you do say it is for you, how much of that is true? What is you? You is what you think. And what you think is dictated by so many external factors. 
How do we break out?
Can we break out?
Has anyone ever actually broken out of the endless cycles? Or has the cycle just morphed with each age?
Does anything I say make sense?
I know I am being pretensious by writing this. 
I just had to get it out of my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
She by Sanya Singh is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.facebook.com/pigeons.scare.me.