Pages

Friday 30 March 2012

Sister

“Sister. She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child.” 
― Barbara Alpert



She came to me at night, 
Asking to sleep by me,
She feels scared,
The change is too much for her to handle.
I make a face and force her away.
Her mouth turns into a frown and she walks away. 
A few minutes pass, 
And I realize that I caused her pain.
I walk to her room,
The moonlight falls on her pale face.
A single tear trickles down my cheek
I think of when she was just one.
How she has grown up now.
She has always been there, 
To laugh with, to cry with, to fight with, to irritate.
To exchange stories with in the middle of the night.
Life without her would be incomplete.
I can't live without her.
I lay down next to her and hold her small hand in mine, 
Whisper the words 'I Love You' in her ears, 
And watch her fall into a deep slumber.
My little sister is one person I would never be able to live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
She by Sanya Singh is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.facebook.com/pigeons.scare.me.